Seated (HIIT) Cardio & Strength
October 17 – December 19, 2022
Mondays at 4:00pm ET
- A FREE online class offered live on Zoom. Attend as many, or as few, of the classes as you want. No commitment necessary.
- It is especially for people who use wheelchairs and people who prefer to exercise while seated. Family members/caregivers are welcome to attend too.
- Each 1-hour class is a moderate to vigorous intensity activity utilizing mostly the upper body and core muscles. Adaptations that include the legs will be offered as well. No equipment is necessary.
- Each class will include periods of high intensity interval training (HIIT), which has been shown to be beneficial in helping people with spinal cord injuries to burn more fat even after the exercise session is over. You may engage in the HIIT portions of the exercise, or keep your activity at a slower pace if that suits your needs.
- Michelle Arington is a certified Integrative Nutrition Mind-Body Health & Wellness Coach, and a certified NASM personal trainer. She is the owner of Elevate Athens Body Sustainability Online Studio in Athens, Ga. www.ElevateAthens.com.
- CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN before participating to determine if this activity is advisable for you. A waiver and release will be required of each participant.